Five Steps To Running Your First 5K
1) Motivation - What’s yours? To lose weight, to prove you can, to make your kids proud ……? Once you know what’s driving you it is much easier to pull yourself through the tough patches.
2) When you know 1), look up your first training plan. You will be more inclined to feel you are worth it when your motivation is clear, thereby giving yourself the discipline to stick to your training plan.
3) Get a buddy. Preferable a fun, reliable one. Just showing up for each other and not taking excuses will be your main job. If you can only take one trait, pick reliable.
4) Start moving - Put on your running shoes and go out the front door. Action always beats inaction.
5) Some of your close friends or family may feel threatened by your new self. Try to ignore negative comments.